History: Originally built in 1916, with more construction completed in 1923 and1929, this Alexander Eschweiler designed building is French revival style with Moorish turrets that crown the building’s main structure. First built as an eight-story building, in 1923 eight additional floors were added, then with three more floors as well as the crown added in 1929.
Scope: Investigate and repair the causes for masonry veneer failures.
Challenge: Removal of large-scale masonry veneer and corroded steel that comprise the structural framework of the building.
Result: Complete removal of masonry veneer and replacement of structural steel framework on 19-story tower. Finished with installation of custom replacement brick veneer.