Kilbourn Street Bridge
History: The Kilbourn Street Bridge was built in 1929 by Charles Malig as a bascule bridge, a form of a movable bridge in which portions of the roadbed rotate up to allow for river traffic to pass. The Kilbourn Street Bridge served as the first bridge to connect the East and West sides of Milwaukee.
View: Kilbourn Bridge PDF
Scope: Restoration of historic limestone elements on this bascule bridge.
Challenge: Accessing bridge elements for repair over water and large-scale replacement of damage stone.
Result: Successful completion of historic stone veneer as part of large-scale bridge restoration.