Holy Hill Basilica
History: The Holy Hill Basilica was completed in 1930 by Hermann Gaul and Richard Phillip utilizing a Romanesque style. This Roman Catholic shrine receives over 300,000 visitors per year and is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Scope: Replacement of in-situ architectural limestone pieces.
Challenge: Rebuilding arches, rose and tracery window openings, as well as the replacement of large block stone within the structure of the veneer.
Result: Designed and implemented structural stabilization equipment in order to replace stone without complete dismantling of the structure.