History: Originally built in 1916, with more construction completed in 1923 and1929, this Alexander Eschweiler designed building is French revival style with Moorish turrets that crown the building’s main structure. First built as an eight-story building, in 1923 eight additional floors were added, then with three more floors as well as the crown added in 1929 .
Scope: Removal of all exterior brick masonry at each corner of the building to access building’s structural steel.
Challenge: Removal and stabilization of brick masonry. The stabilization of unknown masonry backup condition. To design and manufacture custom-made brick to match historic building.
Result: Award-winning restoration project using custom-made oversized brick masonry replacement units for historic veneer.