Kilbourn Street Bridge
History: The Kilbourn Street Bridge was built in 1929 by Charles Malig as a bascule bridge, a form of a movable bridge in which portions of the roadbed rotate up to allow for river traffic to pass. The Kilbourn Street Bridge served as the first bridge to connect the East and West sides of Milwaukee.
View: Kilbourn Bridge PDF
Scope: Complete cleaning of limestone veneer of bridge.
Challenge: Cleaning limestone over Milwaukee River and well-established, heavy carbonated staining from river and street traffic.
Result: Completely cleaned stone veneer using a water-soak cleaning system.